24 Jun 2020
From 1 July 2020 the following community radiology
providers are able to accept direct referrals from GPs for non-urgent diagnostic
This is a change which GPs have been looking forward to and
which will reduce wait times for non-urgent ultrasounds.
This service is separate and distinct from POAC agreements.
This service is available to all patients within the Waikato DHB region.
Use the BPAC referral system and specify a provider who will contact the patient to arrange an appointment time. You may also like to advice the patient to contact the provider if they have not had heard back after one week.
Radiology Group Limited
Ultra Sound Clinic Limited
Mercury Bay Community Radiology Trust
There will be no charge for patients for the non-urgent
ultrasound pathways listed below.
Non urgent referrals includes the following.
- Abnormal liver function test
- Clinical biliary colic/Gall stone
- Suspected Asymptomatic Aneurysm
Renal - paediatric
- Haematuria - microscopic
- Chronic urinary retention
- Renal Impairment: Progressive kidney disease, Polycystic kidney screening:FH1.
- Adult UTI
- Two or more confirmed UTIs Age >6 months
- Pulsatile mass for investigation
- Primary amenorrhoea
- IUCD not visible
- Chronic pelvic pain/suspected endometriosis
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Suspected ovarian cysts
- Intermenstrual or post coital bleeding
For more information
Contact your practice development facilitator.